Now Hiring for a Project Estimator
Posted Jan 13, 2022 by Dave Scaturro
We have an immediate full-time opening available for the right project estimator to assist our firm with continued growth. The Project Estimator is a critical part of our company so it’s important that the person we choose will be a “fit” to our commitments and shared values. If you or someone you know values knowledge, regulations & principles, please read on or share this.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Field Estimating: (80% of Time)
Site visits, when necessary, to facilitate accurate estimating/takeoffs. Creation of proposals with the help of standardized templates. Occasional follow up on submitted proposals to overcome questions and move work forward.
In-House Estimating: (10% of Time)
Understand blueprints and create accurate project takeoffs; Estimate time, costs, and resources for all jobs in line with company profit margins; Gather all necessary information to thoroughly understand project scope and create estimates; Understand and use estimating software and document storage systems; Use our scripts and processes to prepare accurate proposals for internal review; Prepare additional work orders or change orders, as necessary; Keep updated log of all proposals in progress.
Support: (10% of Time)
Answer infrequent calls from internal staff when they have questions about the scope of work
TRAITS AND SKILLS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- You prefer maintaining and establishing and systematic workplace.
- You enjoy compiling, confirming and organizing information.
- You demonstrate predictable performance in repetitive situations.
- You prefer to adhere to rules, regulations, and existing methods.
- You demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities.
- You identify and prioritize activities that lead to a goal.
- You anticipate, diagnose and resolve problems.
- You are answerable and accountable for your actions.
- 3-5 years of Familiarity & Experience with takeoff programs in construction industry
- (Estimating floors and painting preferred).
- Advanced understanding of Blueprint reading, Strong MS Office Skills, Digital Takeoff Software, & Cloud-Based Systems (Experience with PlanSwift software a significant advantage.)
- Some College is preferred
- Ability to pass background check
- Typical Business Hours: 8:00-4:00, with some flexibility
- Location: Our Office
- $80k - $110k annual salary to start, depending on experience
- Health: 90% of Single Employee + portion of family; Dental; Vision
- Increasing Vacation/Paid Time Off policy; 10 paid holidays
- Fun Company Events
To arrange a confidential interview, send your resume along with a cover letter explaining what you like about this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org